Saturday, July 7, 2012

Chicken-Fried Steak

I love chicken-fried steak. It's been one of my go-to comfort foods since I was little. And while I still have not mastered gravy (hence there are no pictures of it on here), I love making this for dinner.

It's a pretty basic, simple recipe that can be done on a limited amout of time. If you can make your own gravy to go with, that's great. If not, packaged gravy works too.

Rub the salt and pepper into the steaks. Mix the flour, garlic salt and cayenne pepper together. Rub half of that mixture into the steaks. Pound both sides with a mallet.




Dip the steaks in the beaten eggs and then dredge in the rest of the flour mixture.
Heat cooking oil in skillet, add steaks and cook until meat is done.



Ingredients:
Salt and pepper
round steak
flour
garlic salt
cayenne pepper
2 eggs, beaten
cooking oil

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment