Monday, July 9, 2012

Oh the mighty Asparagus


I'm sure most of us had a least favorite vegetable or fruit when we were kids. Mine were asparagus and brussle sprouts. I thought they tasted like grass... yucky grass that had been soaked in muddy waters and left to fry up in the sun. Yes, gross, I know.. but that was my opinion... until 6 months ago. I was trying to find another veggie to cook (getting tired of the standard green beans, spinach and broccoli) and my wonderful fiance, who hasn't met a food that he doesn't like (with the exception of boiled peanuts) suggested asparagus. No way.. not me.. I protested and protested until I realized that I sounded like a 3 year old. So I decided to try it. And, much to my surprise, I liked it. It was quick, easy, and cheap. Everything this girl likes. And while there still isn't a brussle sprout out there that I like, asparagus and I are know close friends. 

Snap ends off of fresh stalks. Marinate in olive oil and minced garlic.


Cook for about 20-25 mintues at 350-400'.
(I usually just pop them in the oven with whatever else i'm cooking. )



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment