Friday, July 6, 2012

Mustard Chicken and Mushrooms

I've baked a version of this for a few years now, but it takes about 45 in the oven. (not including prep time). So I decided to try this on the stove top, and it took about 25 mintues total, and was, I think, much healthier (less grease).


Melt butter in a skillet over med-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
Brown chicken (about 4-5 mintues each side)


Transfer chicken to a plate and keep warm.


Add mushrooms to same skillet and cook until softened.


Add soup, broth and both mustards. Bring to a simmer and add chicken, completely submerging. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes.


  Enjoy! (I know the sides are a little boring, but I was short on time).


Full ingredient list:

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
salt and pepper
2 tbs butter
2 cups sliced mushrooms
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup dijon mustard
2 tbs deli-style brown mustard

No comments:

Post a Comment